Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Why am I doing this anyway?

Everyone at work is required to attend a conference called "Reigniting the Spirit of Caring." Today was my first day, and this is my kind of conference. Today we talked about how each of us are important, and how to love ourselves. The conference will eventually go into how to become a better co-worker and then slyly elude how to become a better employee, but today they gave us rose-colored glasses and yelled, "Love thyself!"

One thing our counselor covered was that each of us are important, and therefore we deserve to take care of ourselves. We deserve to put ourselves first, then family and other things second, because if we don't take care of ourselves first, we can't adequately take care of anything else. They dipped into the important of diet and exercise (secretly I wondered if this was a ploy to decrease our insurance premiums, but who knows).

If anything, today reminded me that I am doing this healthy lifestyle thing for a reason. I want to be fit. I want to be healthy. I want to do things without being worried about my size and weight. I don't  want to sit in a room and secretly wonder if I am the biggest one there. I want to be proud of myself.

Today is fat Tuesday: J lost 2 pounds. We are on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment