Thursday, March 12, 2015

Getting My Water In

One of the hardest things for me with my new lifestyle change is getting in more water. The first biggest issue I encountered is "how much water should I be drinking a day?" I did some research, and everybody said something different (of course). Some said 8-8 oz. glasses of water a day. Some experts said to take your weight in pounds, and divide that  in half to get the number of ounces you need. Others said to not half your weight, but that you should drink 1/3 of your weight in water. Although there was conflicting data, somewhere between drinking 1/2 to 1/3 of your body weight in pounds converted to ounces seem to be what most experts were saying.

So I started trying to convert my weight to oz. and divide by 1/3, but I just kept getting frustrated. I hate having to do so much work to just figure out HOW much water to drink- I haven't even started the work of drinking it all yet! But then...I found this app. It ROCKS! It's called HydroCoach. It's a free app you can download onto your phone from the appstore:



















I LOVE this little app! It calculates how many ounces of water you need to drink a day, and you can chart them with a few pushes of a button. It will even yell at you if you want! I don't like it chiming in every hour telling me to drink more water, so I turned it off.

As for my diet, yesterday went well. The biggest struggle (besides the water) is not eating after 7pm. I get off work at midnight, and was hitting up the 24 hour McDonalds down the road from work probably 2 or 3 times a week. I LOVE McDonald french fries. Anyway, my body got into the habit of eating around 11 or midnight. Now, my body is chiming in right around 10pm saying, "hello?? Aren't you going to feed me?" I know that the more I change my diet, my body will soon adapt. But I still am tempted by those McDonald french fries...

No comments:

Post a Comment